We get many emails from people who want to know if we accept guest posts on Personal Branding UK, and if that is the case, what are the guidelines. We figured that it would be easier to write the guidelines in a post and just refer every one here.
So the answer to the first question is: Yes, we do accept guest posts. Currently we just publish one guest post per week though, usually mid-week. Below you will find all the details about the process.
What kind of content do you accept?
Anything that is useful for our readers is good content for a guest post here. It should have some relevance to personal branding of course, the post could be about careers, business, people etc – it’s up to your creativity! Have a look at the other posts and categories to get an idea of the content we would consider.
Guidelines – read before submitting!
- The post has to be of high quality, contain helpful tips and examples
- The content has to add insights, not just repeat what’s been said elsewhere
- Your post must be original and not published elsewhere on the Internet
- The post contains between 800 and 1,000 words, subheaders and bullet points or a list
- Include a bio for the byline at the post bottom, one backlink is allowed (plus Twitter link)
- We DO NOT do anchor text links for SEO purposes
- You are able to answer any comments from readers
- You help promote the post via social media
How do I submit my guest post?
If you have a post that meets the guidelines above, you can email it over. Usually within 48 hours we will reply stating if we will accept the guest post or not. If we reject your post, you are obviously free to use it in your own blog or to propose it as a guest post to some other website.